HOW WE WORK
At KMMaxfield, we ensure the lines of communication are kept open throughout the sale process, ensuring you know exactly what’s happening and you’re reassured that we’re here for you throughout the journey of selling your home.
Once you’ve started the process of selling your property, we want you to talk to us about it, telling us what you think and what you’re looking for. We can then advise you about effectively marketing your property and help your prospective buyers to fall in love with it, just like you did.
A step-by-step guide of how KMMaxfield will market your home:
- Free, no obligation market appraisal
- Instruct us to sell your home – We’ll measure your home, draw up detailed floor plans and take photographs
- Property particulars and T&Cs – We send you the full colour brochures for your property and our terms for your approval, prior to marketing
- We require a set of key at this point, as good access helps us to sell your home
- Sale board erected – a sales board is one of the most effective marketing tools, promoting visibility and awareness that your home is for sale
- We’ll place your property on a number of well-known property sites, including Rightmove, Propertylive and our own website, KMMaxfield.com
- We engage with social media and post your home on Facebook and Twitter to attract potential buyers
- Mailing list – we’ll contact our database of potential buyers directly with details of your property. The phone will soon start ringing, and depending on your wishes, we’ll conduct the viewings or stand back and let you. We’ll then follow up with both you and the viewers for feedback.
Once we’ve found you a buyer, you can sit back and relax as we help to organise the sale of your home, liaise with all parties and do everything we know to keep the journey as smooth as possible.
Financial property advice
If you need help with a mortgage, finance or conveyancing, we can put you in touch with someone from our network of professionals for high quality, impartial advice.
Tips for presenting your home
Just like a plate of food, the appearance of your home is essential part of attracting buyers and these impressions last. Despite this, you don’t need to redecorate, but rather focus on tidy presentation.
The most important thing to do is to depersonalise your home in order to allow people to imagine themselves living there. Whilst freshly baked bread, fresh flowers and coffee are fun, they’re little more than finishing touches.
Whilst pets and children are a warm and welcoming part of any home, keeping them either entrained, or popping out with them for half an hour whilst we conduct viewings allows us to sell your home far more effectively. After all, selling your home is the job you’ve asked us to do.
There are a number of easy and simple steps you can take to ensure your home is appealing to others, whilst maintaining its character:
Outside your home
Kerb appeal is will have an impact on how people see your home before they even enter. It’s therefore important to tidy up the outside of your home:
- Sweep your garden paths
- Pull up any weeds in your garden
- Ensure your hanging baskets, planted tubs and window boxes are well-maintained
- Put your bins out of sight, or neatly in the corner
- Make your driveway appear more inviting by moving your car away
- Bring in any washing you have on the line
Inside your home
- If you haven’t already, ensure your house thoroughly cleaned before viewings. De-clutter your home as much as possible, and temporarily offload your excess ornaments and family photographs to friends and family
- Straighten up your beds and sofa, and remember to plump all your cushions
- Ensure your light bulbs are all working, and consider switching on side lamps for a warm and welcoming atmosphere
- A small amount of air freshener is a welcome addition to any home
- Leave your windows ajar in the summer months
- During winter, ensure your house is warm and, if you have one, light the fire
How to choose the right estate agent
Whether you’re buying a tin of beans or a new family home, every purchase is a balance between paying for what you get and getting what you pay for. If you’re looking for an estate agency to market your home, there are a number of things to think about.
It’s not in our interest to lie to you, and it doesn’t help anyone in the long run. At KM Maxfield, we believe that if we’re going to help you on this long journey, we need to remain open and clear with you.
Following our commitment to honesty, at KM Maxfield, we’ll be in touch whenever necessary. Keeping our eyes and ears open and reporting back to you is essential for us to successfully sell your home. We make ourselves available and will let you know everything that’s happening, whether it’s good or bad. But at the same time, you don’t have to worry about us phoning you up every 5 minutes.
You may decide that you want to conduct viewings yourself, but if it’s going to be easier for you, just give us a set of keys and let us do the work.
We believe that when you’re looking to sell your property, you need to get valuations from at least three estate agents in order to get a true idea about the worth of your property.
Over or under-valuing your property is ultimately counter-productive to us as well as you, so we will only give you a realistic valuation. It’s also useful to do your own research and look at the prices for recently sold homes in your area. This won’t give you a definitive valuation, but will help.
When you employ us as your estate agents, you’re paying for:
- Good service
Essentially, you’re paying for our hard work. KM Maxfield are neither the cheapest or most expensive estate agency, but it’s our promise to be worth every penny you pay for us.
Even after the sale of your house, you’re often not half way along your journey, which is why we’ll stay in touch with you. We will guide you through your next steps, solving any issues that may arise, and doing everything we can to keep things running smoothly right up until you have your new keys in your hand.
Thinking about selling your home? Contact us now and call 01274 592 280 for more information about selling your property.